Sometimes you just need a moment in your day to feel refreshed or even look refreshed. Join Founder of Identity Magazine, Susan Vernicek by trying a few of these tips to feeling and looking more alive and refreshed–appreciate your ability to enjoy the smells, tastes, and to be able to feel these experiences.
Feeling refreshed is probably something you hear often like I do, but what does that even mean? I know that you and I can feel refreshed in a variety of different ways, so how do you discover your refreshing ways?
I once read that eating spicy food could help you feel refreshed. What?! I don’t know about you, but I get heartburn just thinking about spicy food. To me, feeling refreshed is the feeling of when you walk outside on the first day of fall; you take in that deep fresh air and then exhale it out. That is an instant moment of feeling refreshed, alive and at peace.
You can smell, taste and feel freshness, which leads to feeling refreshed. Below are some tips to help you start feeling and looking more refreshed at any age.
1. A Fresh Face — There’s something about having the perfect face wash–literally feeling and looking refreshed, pure, and clean. I use ROC if you are in need of trying something new.
2. Step Outside — Take outside breaks for your mind and body. I bet your daily breaks consist of checking FB or Twitter. Or maybe it’s to the cafeteria, kitchen, or vending machine for a little something to nibble on. It’s important to take breaks throughout the day, so why not take it outside and enjoy the natural air.
3. Eat Fresh — There’s no better satiating taste than fresh ingredients, especially a fresh garden salad. It’s making my mouth water just writing about it. Shop weekly for fresh food because food is what fuels our mind and body–make it fresh fuel.
4. Yup, Exercise — Whether it’s 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes or more, exercise! Walk, run, mix it up, dance, stretch–just start moving! If you can challenge yourself to at least 3 times a week, you will start to feel more uplifted. Trust me… I’ve never heard anybody say they feel like crap from working out.
5. Laugh — You can find a ton of research on how laughter is good for your soul. It can help blood flow, your immune response, relaxation, sleep, and much more. This is a no brainer people! Laugh now and today, it’s too good for us to wait any longer.
Identity Magazine is all about empowering women to get all A’s in the game of life — Accept. Appreciate. Achieve.TM Every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. As a team, we hope to inspire and motivate ourselves and inspire you to get all A’s.
What have you accepted in your life that took time, physically or mentally?
I’ve accepted that I won’t ALWAYS feel perfect, and that is okay. Having the tools and reminders at reach are essential to jump starting a burst of happiness in my day.
What have your learned to appreciate about yourself and within your life?
I appreciate those in my circle that help me spruce up when I need a lift.
What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? What goals do you still have?
Breaking the fear barrier. I don’t hold back and if I fail, it’s not failure–it’s a detour. I get back up and go. Working on a few more businesses that will fall under Identity Magazine.
What is your not-so-perfect way? What imperfections and quirks create your Identity?
I always act like everything is so simple and tell others they can do what they want, but sometimes I need to own and share that there are many obstacles in life.
How would you complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love unique identity! 🙂