It’s your time to save this year and treat yourself because frankly, you deserve it. You work hard by getting up and showing up every single day. You step out of bed, brush your teeth and get on with your glorious day.
Whether you’re a wife, mother, student, business professional, teacher, entrepreneur, or artist, I’m speaking to you. You’re strong and intelligent, funny and curious, ambitious and outgoing, and open to new ideas that will make a worthwhile difference in your life and the lives of others.
You’re caring and nurturing, often more focused on home and work obligations than you are on yourself. You go all day, yet can’t resist the urge to curl up on the couch with a good movie or book. Additionally, you’re a woman, like us all, with moments of discontent, who, at times feels less than confident, alone in your apprehensions, perhaps often when it comes financial concerns.
Perhaps what you need is a jolt, a shake up in your day-to-day routine —a vacation, a spa day, and a day to simply do nothing, a day to have fun with your family or your friends… You need a day (or days) FOR YOU and you deserve it.
Now, you’re considering just that and in sneaks some doubt: What’s that I hear? You’re thinking, “But I need more money?” Perhaps you don’t necessarily need to make more money per se’, but instead you could use a little willpower and a few handy savings tips.
I’m connected with over 50 women who are saving and winning big this year for a special, empowerment, cruise to Bermuda in 2016. If we can save up to sail and more, so can you!
Following are some creative methods that many of us are employing to save money in order to ensure our needs and self-care are being met (which, in turn, ultimately affects our overall success within our life and our careers:)
1. Round Up: If you still manage a checkbook, round your numbers…up. If you spend $5.35, don’t subtract that number from your checkbook. Instead, subtract $10.00. Let’s face it, even numbers are easier to work with and if you are consistent, that’s a nice cushion of cash you can build up before you know it, you’ll have some extra dollars to use for anything you want!
2. Brew Your Own: Put a pause on your coffee stops. Eliminating that $2 a day java can save you over $60 a month! If you buy several times a day, or if you tend to go for more expensive blends, you’ll save even more.
3. Brown Bag It: Similarly, you can save a significant amount of money by prepping your weekly meals. Plan ahead and make big batches of all things yummy so it’s not a daily chore.
4. Drink Water: Yes, think about every time you go out to eat or to the store and buy juices or sodas. Choose to have water instead whenever you are out to eat and cut back on purchasing those sugary beverages. You’ll save money by drinking more water and you’ll soak up all of the additional benefits water has to offer. A HUGE WIN for your wallet and your health!
5. Eat More Soup: Homemade soup provides you the best option for cost per portion! You can whip up some amazing healthy, homemade soups in a crockpot and be set slurping for days!
6. Share Netflix: Um yea, how many of your family members pay for Netflix? You get five users, so split that up and SAVE!
These are just a few unique ways to save and win big this holiday season. Try to think outside the box when it comes to saving because, really, anything is possible.
You deserve FUN, INSPIRATION, AND, PERHAPS A VACATION, whether it’s on the Identity Live cruise or in any other guise!
Identity Magazine is all about empowering women to get all A’s in the game of life — Accept. Appreciate. Achieve.TM Every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the above article. As a team, we hope to inspire and motivate ourselves and inspire you to get all A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? What are you still working on accepting?
For the past 10 years it’s become easier to fit in self-care because I practice and I save for it. I work hard as an entrepreneur, wife, as a mom to 18 month old twins. When I am stable and cared for, so are those I love around me. We work as a team! I extremely excited for the Identity LIVE cruise and conference for women. Yes, my hubby and kids are coming too! You should bring yours!
2. What have you learn to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? What are you still working on to appreciate?
I appreciate my husband, Rob for seriously being amazing. I thank his parents for raising such an awesome man. We make such a great team and have such respect for one another. I truly appreciate it.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? What makes YOU most proud? What goals and dreams do you still have?
I’m proud of hosting a 3rd conference, and this year being on a cruise! It’s scary but proud that I am going for it and that we have 25 women committed so far! Are you in?
4. We all have imperfections, so we think. The truth–we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? What imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
I dive into things all the time. Sometimes it’s better to really research and plan, but I find the more I do that, the more I hold myself back because I find reasons NOT to do it… so jumping in allows me to make it happen and push through the obstacles.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to express and appreciate all the positive traits that make you…well… YOU! Sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (we assure you!) Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love that I have guts and desire to achieve and give ideas a shot.