With the return of fall comes a renewed sense of focus. Here are my top five tips to get back on track:
1. Prioritize â€“ What is most important to you? Maybe you have decided to make going to the gym an important goal and what to put the effort and energy into developing a routine. Perhaps you want to make sure you are spending sufficient time with your family or friends. It could be a really busy time at your job and that needs your attention right now. Put your priories in order, but have some flexibility too. After all, life always throws us curve balls.
2. Visualize â€“ Once you have figured your goals and what needs your focus right now see yourself making those things happen. Even if it is just a few minutes when you wake up or go to sleep Take a little time to breathe, relax and give life to your dreams.
3. Health â€“ This should always be on your radar. Especially as we head into flu and cold season. Remember to take care of yourself on a daily basis. Eat well, take your vitamins, avoid germs and try to fit in some exercise or movement during the day.
4. Write it Down â€“ So old fashioned! A calendar is a great took for staying organized. If you prefer your phoneâ€™s calendar â€“ that can work too. Make sure to track appointments and set up reminders for your to-doâ€™s.Â The most important thing is getting things done! Crossing items off your list is always a great feeling.
5. Avoid Stress â€“ Stress does nothing for you. PERIOD. It deters you from your priorities and can simply be a waste of time. Consider if what you are upset about will matter a year from now? Do not sugar-coat a real problem or issue. However, owing an extra day fee at Redbox, waiting on lines or dealing with lifeâ€™s inconveniences does not count. If itâ€™s not worth it â€“ move on!
Identity Magazine is all about empowering women to get all Aâ€™s in the game of life â€“ Accept. Appreciate. Achieve.â„¢ Every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the above article. As a team, we hope to inspire and motivate ourselves and inspire you to get all Aâ€™s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? What are you still working on accepting?
Patience – and I am still working on it!
2. What have you learn to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? What are you still working on to appreciate?
Accepting that not being perfect is ok.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? What makes YOU most proud? What goals and dreams do you still have?
A successful career in marketing. I would love to own my own company eventually.
4. We all have imperfections, so we think. The truthâ€”we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? What imperfections and quirks create who you areâ€”your Identity?
I tend to be obsessive and a perfectionist, but I’ve learned to let things unfold a little more as I’m getting older.
5. â€œI Love Myâ€¦â€ is an outlet for you to express and appreciate all the positive traits that make youâ€¦wellâ€¦ YOU! Sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (we assure you!) Identity challenges you to complete the phrase â€œI Love Myâ€¦?â€
I love my determination and resourcefulness. It’s come to my rescue many times!