Featured article by Christopher Campbell
With the right beauty care regimen, you can take perfect care of your complexion. While we may do some things right like removing makeup before bed and rubbing on a night cream, things usually fall apart in the morning because we have such a busy schedule.
Start out by having everything you need when you need it:
- You will need the right foods to assure you a good night’s rest. Yogurt an hour before bedtime will help your brain create melatonin, the hormone that triggers sleep.
- You will need to have your athletic gear ready for a quick 20-minute exercise routine first thing in the morning.
- You will need bottled water for hydration throughout the day.
- You will need all the right beauty care products on hand like cleansers, exfoliates, toners, serums, and moisturizers. If you have wrinkles, try Dermaclara Basic to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- You will need an alarm to wake up an hour before you have to get ready to go to work. The alarm on your smartphone will wake you up with some gentle music.
So now let’s put everything into a coherent plan.
[Tweet “3 steps necessary to stay healthy and fit”]
First, we will look at the three steps necessary to stay healthy and fit. Remember, beauty is a reflection of good health. Next, we will look at a morning skin care routine.
Staying Healthy and Fit
Step #1: Get enough beauty sleep.
Sleep is essential for good health and beauty. You can’t expect to be happy, healthy, and productive during the day if you’re sleep deprived. Unfortunately, sleep is one of the first things to go when we try to get more out of our schedules.
Here are some tips to get a good night’s rest:
- · Develop a regular sleep habit, going to bed and waking up at around the same time. Keep this schedule even if you have a day off or don’t have to go to work over the weekends.
- · It’s fine to have a light snack that will stimulate melatonin, like cheese or yogurt an hour before bed. However, avoid a heavy meal, alcoholic drinks, cigarettes, or any beverage with caffeine (chocolate, tea, or coffee).
- · Calm your brain down. Don’t do any strenuous exercise, or watch anything with a bright, artificial light like TV or a computer screen or a mobile device.
- · Try meditating, or if you don’t want to meditate, try contemplating, mentally reviewing your day and putting things in perspective.
- · If you are still restless, have a hot bath.
Step #2: Diet & Exercise
You are what you eat. If you eat processed foods loaded with preservatives and that are high in salts, sugars, and fats, it’s unreasonable to expect to have acne-free skin.
While it’s impossible to offer dietary advice that is applicable to everyone, choose a diet philosophy that is as close to nature as possible.
Most of our health problems come from what we add to the food rather than the food itself.
Beautiful skin is healthy skin, and exercise is essential for health and beauty. Ideally, get some exercise in the morning to increase blood circulation and reduce any stress. It doesn’t have to be a long and strenuous routine. A few stretches on your yoga mat or a brief walk or job around the block is better than nothing at all.
If you want to exercise more, then go for it. If you are limited by time, then do a full routine after work. It can be anything you like–going to the gym, swimming, or playing tennis. The main thing is that you enjoy it and that you notice a gradual improvement in your health.
Step # 3: Stay hydrated throughout the day
Your body needs water for almost everything it does. Ideally, drink bottled water as opposed to tap water. Many municipal tap waters have fluoride, which is a known neurotoxin. If you research tap water, you’ll be shocked at how many contaminants don’t get filtered out.
You know it’s important to drink water, but you’re not sure why. Here’s a comprehensive answer to the benefits of water from Everyday Health: “Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.”
A Morning Beauty Care Routine
Step #1: Cleanse: Wash your face with an oil-based cleanser. Prefer luke warm water, as hot or cold water can be drying. Washing your face removes any remaining makeup residue, dirt, or bacteria. After washing, pat dry with a towel only used for your face.
Step #2: Exfoliate: Use a cotton washcloth with a small dab of exfoliating face scrub. Gently scrub your face in gentle, circular motions. You can either buy an exfoliating scrub or make your own.
Step #3: Cleanse again: This is to remove any dead skin cells after your exfoliation treatment.
Step # 4: Tone: Use a toner to balance your skin and prevent it from producing too much oil. It should be alcohol-free to reduce dryness.
Step #5: Serums: Although you will still be using a moisturizer, a serum will provide your face with more active ingredients.
Step #6: Moisturizer: Finally, apply a moisturizer. This will keep your skin soft and lovely.
Give this plan 2 weeks. You’ll be amazed at the results!