Let’s take a closer look at the concept of motivation and how it’s so closely related to discipline and habits.
I sure know that I’m guilty of thinking that motivation is what I needed all along and I know I’m not the only one.
We can all agree to the fact that motivation is not consistent. Yep, it comes and goes, (kinda like an ex boyfriend, lol). It’s fantastic when you have it, but you can’t necessarily count on it, right?
You Don’t Need Motivation, You Need This
What you can bank on, and, perhaps more importantly, CONTROL, is your DISCIPLINE. And that, my friend, is what forms HABITS. If you think about it, it actually takes discipline to create habits. From habits come routines, motivation, and positive energy.
This is particularly the case when you strive for more day-to-day appreciation, gratitude and acknowledging your blessings in life. Discipline also instills habits such as exercising, being active during the week and a whole lot more.
The gist is that DISCIPLINE FUELS YOUR MOTIVATION and INSPIRATION. The habits you cultivate recycle themselves through your mind, body, and soul.[Tweet “DISCIPLINE FUELS YOUR MOTIVATION & INSPIRATION.”]
Motivation can’t sustain itself on it’s own. That means that you simply cannot depend on this transitory motivation alone.
That’s where CHOICE comes in. It is amazingly EMPOWERING to become aware that you can implement willpower and discipline to cultivate positive habits. And that fuels motivation that you can maintain.
Today, think about your own discipline, habits, and motivation.
See that by gradually shifting your mindset and behaviors, and focus less on motivation alone–you can accomplish more!
Recognize that discipline is the partner of habit and, as such, motivation. We’d love to hear your thoughts and tips within the comments section below and if you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I accept that I will snap sometimes and yell as a parent. It’s OK. The goal is to be as conscious as possible so that I can improve each and every day.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate the daily challenges the Universe/God/Higher Power throws my way.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I’m proud to have accomplished my #1 BestSeller, Get All A’s in the Game of Life: Insights Along the Way. My children kept me motivated to finish it.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
I’m wayyyyy to hard on myself as a mother, I’m so sure you can agree. Many of us are extremely hard on ourselves. However, I do believe I am one kick ass Mom, and giving it my all!
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my spirit and of course I freakin’ love my twins! Motherhood is a journey I’ll never regret!