We are excited and honored to feature a Coffee with Marci with guest Contributor, Marci Hopkins, interviewing Lindsay Finkel of RaceFaster. Lindsay shares her journey from runner to running a business targeted for daily runners and marathoners.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I accept that I am a mom first, I love them so much but I don’t have to lose myself. I accept that I can balance my passion and my family. I will always be working that balance!
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate that all of my past hurdles in my life have made me into the person I am today. I have had to overcome significant challenges in my life that have made me a much stronger woman today. While the fear of failure still exists within me, I am working to convert that into positive energy to hit my goals
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I am most proud of my two children and family. I still have my own goals though and I am pursuing them everyday. I want to help others by spreading their message. My goal is to grow “Coffee with Marci” and make a difference for the guest and the viewer.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
My imperfection was trying to be perfect. When I accepted I was not perfect, and no one is, my life became less stressful and so much more fulfilling. I embrace every imperfection because that’s what makes me who I am and there is no hiding anymore!! My Identity is that I’m not perfect and I can love myself for it!
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love myself because I am willing to take risks and do not live in fear. Who cares if it doesn’t work out, you grow from it and it may take you to where you belong! I love my ability to go for it!