With various easy-to-use website builders and countless online guides available, and the general improvement of technology, it has never been easier to create a website. In fact, it is fairly simple to produce a site that will match up well with the most slick and contemporary ones on the market right now — whether you do it yourself or get a helping hand from expert hired help.
Yet setting up a website is only the start. There are many things to take into account before you have a site that is attractive, functional and worthwhile for visitors. To help you out with this, read on for five ways to take your website to the next level.[Tweet “This gives visitors a reason to visit your website…”]
Deliver high-quality content
High-quality content is great in a number of ways. It gives visitors a reason to visit your website, it gives a boost to your SEO levels, and it adds overall worth to your business. Ultimately, this will also increase the chances of converting viewers of your content into those that will purchase your goods.
Even if your website is primarily a storefront, this doesn’t mean you can’t produce written or video content. You still have the possibility of setting up a blog, and posting about topics that relate to your business.
Improve the aesthetics
A fresh lick of paint can go a long way to increasing the perceived quality of your website. In terms of improving the aesthetics of a site, there are numerous ways of achieving this aspect. First of all, and due to how simple it is to implement, you could begin by increasing the quality of the images used on your website. Similarly, you have the ability to create your own wallpaper with a specialist program and produce a fresh, eye-catching background that you can’t get with standard website builders.
When it comes to developing an identity for your brand/website, it’s vital that you stick with a level of consistency. This makes visitors and customers familiar and comfortable with your business.
In terms of being consistent, consider having your content follow the same type of structure — the same font choices, spacing, heading sizes, coloring etc. This also spreads to other things like videos and photos used.
Speed is imperative
When first setting up a website, one of the main aims should be to devise one that is fast. That’s because if your site pages are loading slowly, this will be a giant deterrent to new visitors — to the point where they’ll give up before even gaining access to your content. If you’re wondering if your website is up to speed, Google provides a free service for checking loading times.
Think about how often you use your smartphone or tablet to browse the Internet. Well, this is a common occurrence across the world, because more people than ever are making the move from desktop to mobile when surfing the web. As a result, you have to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile. Doing so will make sure that users have no issues with scrolling through and accessing pages on your site.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally?Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve accepted that I am where I am and that’s a good thing.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I have found that when I appreciate everything I’m in a good space. I need to be more mindful of my tolerance of others.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not onlywhat makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I’m proud of living my dream of an alternative lifestyle on a small holding surrounded by animals. My dream is to make enough time to write and paint more.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
I love peace and quiet and ironically that’s not so easy to achieve in a world filled with people.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my own space and my independence. Love my family, friends and my pets.
Photo by Igor Ovsyannykov on Unsplash
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.