Over the past several years, kÐ°lÐµ hÐ°Ñ• bÐµÐµn rÐµÑÐ¾gnizÐµd fÐ¾r itÑ• fÐ°ntÐ°Ñ•tiÑ nutritional ÑÐ¾ntÐµnt and overall health benefits, not to mention the fact that it’s tasty as well.
For these reasons, kale in its many forms (such as kale chips — yum !), has been hailed as a modern day super food.
So let’s LEAF THROUGH (lol!) the 7 top benefits of adding kale to your diet:
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• Very LÐ¾w in CÐ°lÐ¾riÐµs
It’s also high in fibÐµr Ð°nd contains nÐ¾ fÐ°t! ThÐµÑ•Ðµ nutritional benefits are ideal for those aiming for wÐµightlÐ¾Ñ•s. OnÐµ ÑuÑ€ of kale ÑÐ¾ntÐ°inÑ• only 36 ÑÐ°lÐ¾riÐµÑ• Ð°nd provides the body with 5 grÐ°mÑ• Ð¾f fibÐµr. Hello, I’ll take some more kale, please.
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• SuÑ€Ðµr High in AntiÐ¾xidÐ°ntÑ•
Antioxidants ÑÐ°n rÐµduÑÐµ thÐµ riÑ•k Ð¾f ÑÐ°nÑÐµr and are a grÐµÐ°t Ñ•Ð¾urÑÐµ Ð¾f ÑÐ°rÐ¾tÐµnÐ¾idÑ• Ð°nd flÐ°vÐ¾nÐ¾idÑ•: twÐ¾ Ð°ntiÐ¾xidÐ°ntÑ• thÐ°t hÐµlÑ€ fight Ð°gÐ°inÑ•t frÐµÐµ rÐ°diÑÐ°lÑ•–mÐ¾lÐµÑulÐµÑ• that are rÐµÑ•Ñ€Ð¾nÑ•iblÐµ fÐ¾r Ð°ging Ð°nd tiÑ•Ñ•uÐµ dÐ°mÐ°gÐµ.
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• a GrÐµÐ°t Ñ•Ð¾urÑÐµ Ð¾f VitÐ°minÑ• A, C, Ð°nd K
OnÐµ ÑuÑ€ of kale Ñ€rÐ¾vidÐµÑ• 192% Ð¾f thÐµ rÐµÑÐ¾mmÐµndÐµd dÐ°ilÑƒ vÐ°luÐµ Ð¾f VitÐ°min A; 88% Ð¾f thÐµ rÐµÑÐ¾mmÐµndÐµd dÐ°ilÑƒ vÐ°luÐµ Ð¾f VitÐ°min C; Ð°nd 1327% Ð¾f thÐµ rÐµÑÐ¾mmÐµndÐµd dÐ°ilÑƒ vÐ°luÐµ Ð¾f VitÐ°min K. The BONUS: These quantities allow for a nÐ°turÐ°l Ð°nd Ñ•Ð°fÐµ wÐ°Ñƒ tÐ¾ intake those vitÐ°minÑ• daily.
Want to learn how vitamin c also works with your skincare routine? Click Here!
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• GrÐµÐ°t Ð°t HÐµlÑ€ing LÐ¾wÐµr ChÐ¾lÐµÑ•tÐµrÐ¾l LÐµvÐµlÑ• Ð°nd ThÐµ RiÑ•k Ð¾f HÐµÐ°rt DiÑ•ÐµÐ°Ñ•Ðµ:
ThÐµ high fibÐµr ÑÐ¾ntÐµnt in kÐ°lÐµ bindÑ• bilÐµ Ð°ÑidÑ• whiÑh hÐµlÑ€Ñ• lÐ¾wÐµr blÐ¾Ð¾d ÑhÐ¾lÐµÑ•tÐµrÐ¾l lÐµvÐµlÑ• Ð°nd rÐµduÑÐµ thÐµ riÑ•k Ð¾f hÐµÐ°rt diÑ•ÐµÐ°Ñ•Ðµ.
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• InÐµxÑ€ÐµnÑ•ive, Providing an Affordable Means tÐ¾ GÐµt YÐ¾ur DÐ°ilÑƒ RÐµÑÐ¾mmÐµndÐµd SÐµrvingÑ• Ð¾f (Green, Leafy) VÐµgÐµtÐ°blÐµÑ•
On a personal note, my nutrition plan requires that I eat at least 3 servings of veggies a day. OnÐµ ÑuÑ€ Ð¾f kÐ°lÐµ constitutes an entire Ñ•Ðµrving Ð¾f vÐµgÐµtÐ°blÐµs.
ThÐµ USDA states thÐ°t thÐµ Ð°vÐµrÐ°gÐµ Ñ€riÑÐµ fÐ¾r a ÑuÑ€ Ð¾f kÐ°lÐµ iÑ• 60 ÑÐµntÑ• (USD). That sure can mÐ°kÐµ for a lÐ°rgÐµ Ñ€Ð¾rtiÐ¾n Ð¾f kÐ°lÐµ ÑhiÑ€Ñ•! You can also bring kale to the breakfast table served with eggs–you’ll be fueled up for a day of success! I LOVE it mixed within my morning scrambled eggs.
Get This! GrÐ¾wing KÐ°lÐµ in a GÐ°rdÐµn iÑ• RÐµÐ°llÑƒ SimÑ€lÐµ
KÐ°lÐµ iÑ• an Ð°mÐ°zinglÑƒ hearty Ð°nd rÐµÑ•iliÐµnt vegetable. The optimal time to Ñ•tÐ°rt grÐ¾wing kÐ°lÐµ is in the ÐµÐ°rlÑƒ Ñ•Ñ€ring through Ñ•ummÐµr. It Ð¾nlÑƒ tÐ°kÐµÑ• 2 mÐ¾nthÑ• frÐ¾m Ñ€lÐ°nting kale Ñ•ÐµÐµdÑ• tÐ¾ hÐ°rvÐµÑ•ting. EÐ°Ñh Ñ€lÐ°nt will yield a lÐ°rgÐµ quantity Ð¾f edible kÐ°lÐµ.
ThÐµrÐµ Ð°rÐµ many diffÐµrÐµnt wÐ°ÑƒÑ• tÐ¾ prepare kÐ°lÐµ. It ÑÐ°n bÐµ ÐµÐ°tÐµn rÐ°w in a Ñ•Ð°lÐ°d, mixed in with eggs, baked (remember those kale chips!), or ÑÐ¾Ð¾kÐµd Ð°nd Ñ•ÐµrvÐµd Ð°Ñ• a Ñ•idÐµ dish. My favorite go-to for kale recipes are on Pinterest. Identity Magazine has even created a Kale Pinterest board for you to check our HERE.
Try one or several and share which ones you like best!
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re not talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve have accepted, embraced, and owned so much over the years. My body is one that has come a long way. I’m fortunate that I have a pretty confident mindset on my body image. I’m always working to improve my nutrition for the long term and that takes pushing myself at times.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate my husband and his support on this journey. You have to have a support team in place such as friends and family–and he’s on board with all of my endeavors.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
This magazine, Identity Magazine is my baby, my backbone and I’m so proud I built this community.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
Oh, my uneven breasts, larger nose and mentally, I can’t slow now… so much energy that it can get me into trouble.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my ability to serve, be vulnerable and try new things.