Thank you for stopping by. Today I wanna talk to you about compliments. Now we are in January 2018 at the time of this video, and just the other day was National Compliment Day. So I thought it would be a great message to get up here on Identity Magazine for you and for you to share with those all around you, right?
In your community, your friends, and your family. Now listen, how often do you get compliments? Think about that, how often do you get compliments and from whom, right?
Now, could you imagine if you gave, if you focused on giving a compliment, to a few people a day, could you imagine the impact that could have on somebody? ’cause you never know who’s actually complimenting them.
Are they even being complimented from their employer, from their family, friends, their partners, significant others, their husband, their wife. Know, what could you imagine if you never received a compliment?
You were never told that you were doing a good job? You were never told that you’re being a great mom? You were never told that you’re beautiful, or you have a vibrant smile? Or, you have great energy?
Let’s take a moment and think about the impact sharing a compliment verbally to somebody can have. And isn’t that worth it, especially in this society, in this world these days, so much hatred and negativity, and rage?
I don’t want to be a part of that, I want to be on the other end, I want to be the one that offers a smile, I want to be the one that puts a smile on somebody else’s face, don’t you? I want to be the one that shines somebody’s identity.
Has their identity vibrate because they were given a compliment, because they feel good, because they feel confident, because they were validated, they were seen, right?
So I ask you today and everyday and I challenge you to not just think about all the compliments in your head as you’re meeting new people, interacting, seeing your friends and family, and thinking, oh they look beautiful today.
Or, they have such a beautiful smile. Ah, they’re so smart. Or, that was a good job. Tell them! Get it verbally out, okay? Let’s be the voice of compliment.
Let’s spread smiles, let’s give smiles. Because think about when somebody compliments you and how that impacts you. And don’t tell me it doesn’t because it does, we all benefit from a compliment, it gives us that energy, it gives us the sense of burst.
It gives us joy, it gives us confidence. And it most importantly, it shows that we’re being seen, and heard, and respected. So, that’s my message for you today.
If you’re watching this video please share it and spread the compliment, today and everyday, and have a great day.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re not talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve have accepted, embraced, and owned so much over the years. My body is one that has come a long way. I’m fortunate that I have a pretty confident mindset on my body image. I’m always working to improve my nutrition for the long term and that takes pushing myself at times.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate my husband and his support on this journey. You have to have a support team in place such as friends and family–and he’s on board with all of my endeavors.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
This magazine, Identity Magazine is my baby, my backbone and I’m so proud I built this community.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
Oh, my uneven breasts, larger nose and mentally, I can’t slow now… so much energy that it can get me into trouble.
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my ability to serve, be vulnerable and try new things.