Birthday parties are becoming more and more expensive. Often the cost of throwing a party, together with purchasing presents, is overwhelming, prompting the need for alternatives to be explored.
Throwing a joint party is a surefire way to save some money, while retaining the fun, celebratory atmosphere of the event. Parties alone take hard work, so you will need some help in order to make this event a success. Here are four ways to help plan the ultimate joint party!
4 Tips on How to Plan the Ultimate Joint Birthday Party
Taking photos during a birthday party is extremely difficult, especially if there are 2 sets of guests present. In situations such as these, looking into hiring a photobooth is a great option. This not only allows for photographs to be taken by the guests themselves, but leaves them with a memento to take home.
Make sure the booth is hired for a significant time, in order to allow guests from both parties to have a fair opportunity to take photographs. Looking into photobooths in Sydney is a great way to start investigating whether this will be suitable for your party.
A joint party must remain a celebration, not a competition between each party. Make sure the people being celebrated are recognised individually. Allowing a set number of guests from each party, or organising a speech for each person may do the trick.
For a children’s birthday party, consider singing happy birthday for each child individually, or perhaps have birthday badges for both kids. Adopting ideas such as this reaffirms that the party is not a competition, rather a celebration.
A significant part of recognizing each party, is asking what they would like from the event, and involving them in the decision making. This may be in the form of a specific cake, song or decorations. Sit down with them and discuss ideas.
Compromises may have to be made, but each person will walk away with many of their expectations met. Two cakes may have to be ordered, and a joint playlist made, but it will all be worth it when the party begins.
This is a tricky one, and is something to consider rather than blindly adopt. Gifts can sometimes cause tension between the parties, both for children and adults. If one attendee receives more gifts than the other, or more expensive gifts, the air of competition may become prominent.
Consider adopting a no-gift policy. Ask guests to bring a plate of food, or contribute financially to the party instead.
This not only reduces stress on the parties being celebrated, but also on the guests themselves. They no longer have to stress about buying two gifts, including one for someone that they may not necessarily know. Again, this is something to consider, and will be different for every event.
So, there you have it: four great ways to throw a joint birthday party. Try them all, or pick and choose your favorites. Party planning is a tough gig, so remember to have fun. It is a celebration after all!
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
That not all will enjoy my writing.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate my ability to be creative.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
Proud to have a career in writing
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are—your Identity?
I guess many…my sense of humor….
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my writing and family.