How to become a successful Instagram influencer in 2018?
Are you on Instagram? — This is probably the first question that someone will ask you the moment you try and connect with them. A trend or a craze — that is more popular amongst the younger generation, this question would probably get blank looks from the older generation. What is so fascinating about Instagram that we have everyone going crazy over it? — be it how many followers you have?
Or how many likes you got on a picture that you posted on the feed? Or which was that new smiley in the story? Or have you tried that new filter? Even to the extent where we have certain people who want to buy likes on Instagram just to show how popular they are.
First let’s understand where Instagram came from? And let’s see how this social media app can help you earn money and grow your business further.
Origin of Instagram
So let’s start what exactly is Instagram. The simplest definition would be — Instagram is a social networking app. The name “Instagram” comes from “Instant Camera” and “Telegram”- meaning quicker sharing of photographs clicked via the mobile phone and even when you are on the move. Instagram is very similar to other social media networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. Instagram too has the concepts of following and followers. However, the couple of things that gives this app an edge over the rest is that
- it’s a mobile app only (No website connectivity),
- its square photographs with some amazing filters; and
- the fact that you can connect to all other social media pages from this single Instagram account.
Instagram is mainly meant to be an application for sharing photos. However, as they say “A picture is worth a thousand words” has taken this app to a completely different level and now it’s been used even for business growth as an integral part of digital marketing and social media marketing. Instagram can be accessed using your Facebook Login or you can register with an email address.
[Tweet “A picture is worth a thousand words. #instagramtips”]
Instagram for Business
Now let’s understand how Instagram can benefit the business. When you have a new Instagram account you take some time to build up the profile and get people to follow your page. However, if you are running your business, you don’t want to wait and promote the business till you get a good number of followers on your page.
You would want to achieve this a bit quicker. In this case, there are certain people who are known as Instagram Influencers. So who are these influencers? These are people/profile with a huge base of loyal followers. These people have been around for some time and have already built their audience.
Due to their followers, they have the power to influence the decision of the followers in a certain direction. When we manage to tap these people, we gain access to their audiences and thus resulting in the popularity and growth of our profile and likewise our business.
We just need to ensure that we tap the audiences that will be beneficial to our business. The more the followers, the more likes on the posts that we share in our feeds.
The more the likes on a product intending the popularity of the product and then you have increase in the sales for that particular product. You have to be be careful with this approach, but certain influencers like to buy likes on Instagram just for showing how popular that product or merchandise is.
Instagram has upgraded from a photo-sharing app to a marketing app for the promotion of businesses as well as small time entrepreneurs. Be sure to continue to research so you can learn how to leverage Instagram the best way for your business.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiringyou to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re not talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve accepted the obstacles and challenges in life to be a blessing.
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate opportunities to share my writing.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I’m most proud of my career.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are–your Identity?
I have a few as I assume many of us do. I’m very organized…
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my ability to write.