Fear squashing ain’t that easy, but it’s doable—I can vouch for that. One small step at a time, is all it takes. Then one day you will be doing that thing you were completely afraid of last year and you will be like..”holy shit, I can’t believe i’m doing this without freaking out!”
TRUTH. it takes the work.
First and foremost, we have to understand that fear is here to protect us.
To help us not jump off a cliff.
To help us understand the dangers involved in stepping into the middle of a busy highway.
To help us keep our children safe from running around like headless chickens and knocking themselves into walls… wait… that actually does happen in my household LOL.
How to Squash Fear NOW
I have created a formula for slowly navigating my thoughts from fear to love.
Feel – feel the fear – create awareness around it and thank it for protecting you.
Energy – As soon as you do this – you will feel energized and a shit ton lighter than when you resisted it.
Elevate – Lift yourself up by creating thoughts that it is POSSIBLE to feel more love towards the ‘thing’
Right Away – Ask yourself, “what is the tiniest step I can take right this minute, in order to move away from the path of fear and into LOVE” —> hint: this is not complicated, it could be as easy as searching in Google for something.
And guess what?? You are not alone in fear – you have so much love and support around you, you have to allow the space for it!
Do you know what is the #1 factor when it comes to achieving success??
Now, success is so subjective—to some it can be overcome panic attacks and to others it can be having a 6-figure business.
Whatever your fear is – support will help you overcome it more quickly.
Once upon a time, I was afraid to do videos and share my wisdom on Facebook. So, I joined a mastermind and this woman started doing them and sharing that she was doing them and talking to us about it. So I thought…”if she can do it, why can’t I?” I mean, I teach IN PERSON… that’s scarier right? LOL
I did my first one – it felt awkward – and I talked about it within the mastermind.
The all supported me and told me that my feelings are valid and helped me think differently about showing up for my women.
And then, something weird happened… I did an FB Live and didn’t even think about it…later that day I caught myself saying…”holy shit, I didn’t even have one ounce of nervousness infiltrate my body as I was speaking on video today”.
See what I mean?
Yes, there is work involved, and it is just practice to get better. Being consistent builds up self-love and self love + confidence will slowly squash the fear.
SO, what are you afraid of?
Today, in the group people shared:
Fear of money
Fear of leaving relationships
Fear of leaving jobs
Fear of investing in themselves.
All valid and all REAL. But let me ask you:
Would you rather not do the thing because of fear or do the thing, feel the fear and experience something new that will help you grow? (HINT: we usually fear things we are afraid of).
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement. We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity 5 questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re not talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve accepted, embraced and faced FEAR. I spoke to it and took the steps to move further away each time until fear disappeared.
2. Appreciation is everything. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
Ugh, I soo appreciate opportunity and the way I see life now. I’m able to see the benefits in struggle, obstacles, love, life, the work my journey takes… I’m grateful.
3. Share with us one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
Release fear and going after all of my goals… running this magazine, publishing books, speaking, and creating my new online program.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you are—your Identity?
HA! I’m loud, bold and not everybody likes it. It’s okay because those who I am meant to serve and empower will stick around 😉
5. “I Love My…” is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make you…well…YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase “I Love My…?”
I love my ability to go for it—life, love, happiness, success!