E-commerce, without question, represents one of the easiest ways to go into business ever devised. However, your success depends heavily upon how you get in and what you do once youâ€™re in.
In other words, being a member of the club doesnâ€™t automatically entitle you toÂ benefits. You have to earn them.Â
Letâ€™s take a look at the most common reasons e-commerce businesses fail.
Posting a Janky Looking Website
We realize that term might be new to some of you,Â so weâ€™llÂ break it down.Â Just as
To avoid this, your site must reflect professionalism when shoppers arrive. Your layout should please the eye. Photography has to be crisp, well lit and informative. Copy should be vividly descriptive and free of spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors.
In other words, the site should say you care.
Itâ€™s also important toÂ demonstrate trustworthiness. Earn trustÂ seals from companies like PayPal, the BBB and McAfee. Include testimonials from satisfied customers.
Give yourÂ contact information and return policies prominentÂ placement so theyâ€™re easily foundâ€”ditto customer support.
Trying to Appeal to a Wide Audience
Here, itâ€™s important to understandÂ what is the difference between
E-business, on the other hand, refers to the processes underpinning those transactions.
Knowing what ecommerce isÂ aboutÂ helps you determine the best audience to go after,Â given your product line or service.
The design of your site, the tone of your communications and the nature of your marketingÂ effortsÂ must be tailored to a specific demographicÂ and aimedÂ toÂ reach thatÂ customer where they live.Â
Along these same lines, youâ€™ll gain far more traction if you specialize in a particular area. Find a niche within which you can operate happily
Yeah. Not. Gonna. Happen.
SomeÂ of your best business ideas are likely toÂ beÂ â€œborrowedâ€ from your competitors,
By the same token, if you operate in a vacuum, trends will get past you and youâ€™llÂ find yourselfÂ languishing in the backwater instead of flowing in the mainstream.Â
Further, if you make the effort to look your rivals over carefully from time to time, youâ€™ll find things you can doâ€”which they arenâ€™t doingâ€”to set yourself apart when it comes to providing value for your customers.
Sure, you advertise and you have all the right social media presences, but do you participate when customers try to communicate with you?
Failing to engage your customers is the kiss of death. Too many other people are willing to give them the attention they want and truthfullyâ€”deserve.
You have to give your patrons the impression you
Use it that way. Youâ€™ll find out how your customers really feel, youâ€™ll learn more about what theyÂ trulyÂ want and youâ€™ll let them get to know and love you.Â
Failing to Embrace Mobile
The good news is most
However, if youâ€™re breaking off big bucks for a site coded from a blank screen and your designer overlooks thisâ€”thatâ€™s going to be money wasted. The majority of online shopping is now conducted on mobile devices.
In fact, if youâ€™re faced with an either/or decision between mobile and desktop, go mobile and donâ€™t look back.
These five factors will sink yourÂ onlineÂ endeavor faster than you can ask for reasons why ecommerce businesses fail.Â While far from being the onlyÂ causes, if you can at least get these five correct, youâ€™ll have a fighting chance.
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powersÂ of Self-Acceptance,Â Appreciation, and PersonalÂ Achievement
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, weâ€™re talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
The challenging life of Entrepreneurship
2. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that youâ€™re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate my work and the opportunity to collaborate with others.
3. What is one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
Building my own career.
4. Of course, we all have imperfections, or so we think. In truth, we are all perfectly imperfect. What are your not-so-perfect ways? Likewise, what imperfections and quirks create who you areâ€”your Identity?
My laugh is one of a kind.
5. â€œI Love Myâ€¦â€ is an outlet for you to appreciate and express all the positive traits that make youâ€¦wellâ€¦YOU! In fact, sharing what you love about yourself will make you smile, feel empowered, and uplift your spirit and soul. (We assure you!) Therefore, Identity challenges you to complete the phrase â€œI Love Myâ€¦?â€
I love my career and my life.