Sometimes Moms just need a moment or two—or a day. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting us all in different ways. No matter your circumstance or situation, sometimes you just need to press pause. And boy, do I appreciate Mother’s Day, even more, this year.
I’m a Mom of 5-year-old twins and since day one of homeschooling, my days have been non-stop. MAYBE a pause here or there, but quite frankly, it’s just as crazy as it was before COVID, just in different ways. For sure there’s pros and cons and I’m counting my blessed stars.
My house seems to be under construction because we’ve got nothing else to do than give our home a facelift or two. In addition to homeschooling and house remodeling on top of work and general life, I decided to move forward and publish my 2nd in its series, “Get All A’s in the Game of Life: Insights Along the Way”, Mother’s Edition, quote book.
Yup. All JUST in time for Mother’s Day and this is the BIG launch week.
I’d love for you to celebrate with me and the other Moms who are apart of the book and the collaboration in giving back to Moms this week with daily giveaways, interviews, and more!
The fun starts in our Facebook Event, “A Mother’s Day Celebration + Book Launch”, Tuesday, May 5 through, and wrapping up with thank-you’s on May 11th.
In addition, to join us in this unique quarantine celebration and book launch, I’ve crafted a list of articles from the past years from Identity Magazine and some other ideas for you to celebrate in an unconventional way.
- Join “A Mother’s Day Celebration + Book Launch” by learning more HERE.
- Purchase a book filled with validation, inspiration, and wisdom for your Mom friends, learn more HERE.
- Take a LONG walk by yourself and reflect on every single proud detail you can think of about yourself, as a woman and a mother, and celebrate. Have a healthy internal celebration for yourself and for yourself.
- Pick a Netflix show and BINGE. VEG the “F” out my friend. Here are some of the shows I got so caught up in and pulled all-nighters because I was addicted:
- Hart of Dixie
- Dead to Me
- What If
- Jane the Virgin
- Money Heist
You’re welcome, a variety of sex, love, and lies. I will encourage you to have an OUT and a personal development book or playlist to pick your jaw back up from the floor and wipe the drool off your chip from some of the sexiest men in these shows.
- Check out these articles, right here on Identity to support you on Mother’s Days:
- GIVE back to COVID RELIEF Organizations, find on HERE
- Handwrite letters and snail mail out to your Mom and/or Mom friends
- Zoom it up with your friends and family to celebrate
These are just a few ways you can celebrate this unconventional Mother’s Day. I plan to get a workout in, read my books, journal, and have some cocktails with friends and family via zoom. I’m wishing you a very happy, healthy, and safe Mother’s Day and hope to see you during my “Mother’s Day Celebration + Book Launch” party!
Identity Magazine is all about guiding women to discover their powers of Self-Acceptance, Appreciation, and Personal Achievement.
We ask that every contributor and expert answer the Identity questions in keeping with our theme. Their answers can be random and in the moment or they can be aligned with the current article they have written. In that way, and as a team, we hope to encourage and motivate each other, thus inspiring you to Get All A’s.
1. What have you accepted within your life, physically and/or mentally? Additionally, what are you still working on accepting? Now, we’re not talking about resignation, rather stepping into, embraced, and owned.
I’ve accepted and embraced so much over the years. This Mother’s Day I’m celebrating the fact that I’ sometimes survive and thrive as a Mother—especially through COVID.
2. Appreciation is everything. What have you learned to appreciate about yourself and/or within your life, physically and mentally? On the other hand OR in contrast, are there elements of who you are that you’re still working on appreciating?
I appreciate all the front line workers during this time in our lives and I appreciate the health and safety my family has at this time. I appreciate being a mother and some of the homeschool because it’s really cool to watch your children learn.
3. Share with us one of your most rewarding achievements in life? Tell us not only what makes YOU most proud but also share the goals and dreams that you still have.
I’m incredibly proud of how my family and I have been managing the COVID life and the team my husband and I have had over the last 6 weeks.