It’s early Thanksgiving morning.
I’m sitting here reflecting on my deep appreciation for you, my family, life, and community. Thank you for being you and thank you for inviting me into your world.
I appreciate you.
I gotta confess that as I sit here sipping my hot, cozy coffee after a cardio workout this Thanksgiving AM, I’m supposed to be hiking on my own. And you know what, I had all my warm gear packed, and then after my workout, I had fear set in and then the weather was rainy and I threw in the towel. Ha!
Honestly, I’m scared to go hiking by myself and I keep telling myself that there’s a rule that I shouldn’t go alone anyway—LOL the stories we create in our minds, right?
The last time I went hiking alone, I had my favorite dog, Missy, an American bulldog that spent 7 hours in the woods with me. It was one of the best days of my life.
Here’s the thing, I’m bummed I didn’t go hiking because I was scared. I even packed my wine bottle opener for extra safety, but sometimes we’re scared and that’s okay.
What I discovered from this lesson was to find a local hiking group and learn more, become more comfortable, and expand my skills and confidence so that I can do small hikes alone.
I’m grateful for that moment this AM and I have a new personal goal to end the year and start 2021 by adding in more hiking confidence.
How about you? What are you grateful for and how specific can you get with your appreciation?
Allow me to share some of mine with you.
- I appreciate my mind for creating statements like “It may be a holiday, but your mind and health is daily.” Therefore, I still woke up and worked out. I’m grateful my mindset has evolved over the years where I don’t give the holidays and excuses power to not stay consistent because I work out for ME, for my health. Why would I take off? I used to say “ It’s a holiday, I’m taking off.” I’m grateful for that growth within myself.
- I appreciate my husband for being such an amazing father to our twins. He listens, he stays calm and he’s been doing bedtime these days. THANK GOD!
- I appreciate June and Cade, my twins for their sense of humor and character. Gosh, they are so funny. They have made 6 pages of a Santa list and Cade asked for a Target Credit Card, too funny.
- I appreciate all of my Mindset + Achieve clients/members. They are working, creating, and implementing the mindset work and their brains are literally changing. My one member, Emma has been working out with me for 10 weeks straight at 5 am in the morning and is almost down 20lbs! I appreciate her trusting me with the mindset work so that she can achieve anything that she wants.
- I am so grateful for my health. It’s been a year for us all and I had a pretty big surgery to heal from. I’m grateful for feeling back to myself.
- I’m grateful for Tom, our handyman we found locally. Took us 9 years to find a guy we trust and who responds to a phone call. He’s been remodeling our master bedroom and does such amazing work. I appreciate his talent.
These are just a few of mine and feel free share some of yours with me. I’d love to hear them!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Your Mindset + Achieve Coach, Sue