When summer is around the corner, one of the best things for any woman is to put those jeans and track pants away and reach for those dresses and skirts. There’s nothing like the freedom of wearing a skirt after you have been in pants for months.
The good thing is, there are so many different types of skirts one can wear, it could make your head spin. But if you choose the right one to fit your shape and height, it could make all the difference.
Below we have some tips for you on how to pick the best one for you to flatter your body, as well as the different types of skirts one can get on the market. Let’s first get into the different body types.
Most Common Body Shapes
All types of bodies are beautiful no matter what the shape. They are unique to us and must be looked after as best as we can. There are several different body shapes found amongst many women, this link will give some insight into them. When it comes to choosing the right clothes that will enhance your shape, knowing your type will help make things a lot easier to choose the right outfit.
There are a few common different types of body shapes. These include:
- Hourglass – the top hourglass is when your bust measurements are slightly larger than your hips. The normal hourglass shape is when your bust and hips are of an equal size. In other words, your waist is the well-defined and narrowest part of the body, similar to an hourglass.
- Triangle or Pear Shaped – if your bust and shoulders are narrower than your hips, this would be a triangle or pear-shaped body.
- Rectangle – also known as the ‘banana’ or straight shapes, and is when your waist, hips and bust are the same measurements or relatively the same. Your hips and shoulders would then be the same width too.
- Apple or Inverted Triangle – this is when your bust and shoulders are the larger parts of your body in comparison to your hips or waist, which will be narrower.
- Diamond – diamond-shaped body types have narrower shoulders than hips. They also have a narrow bust and a wider waistline. You may have more weight in your thighs and slender arms.
So, now that you have an idea of what shape you are, how do you go about picking the right skirt for it?
Choosing the Right Skirt to Flatter Your Body Shape
Some types of clothes are a must-have in your wardrobe, and no one should do without them. Skirts are one of these staple clothes that can make women look amazing with the right blouse. Sometimes you may be frustrated trying to find the right one in vain.
The guide below will help you out. Choosing the right skirt will make you feel and look super incredible. There is a whole load of different assortments of skirts to choose from and these below are just a few.
If for instance, you are apple-shaped which entails a slim lower body but more weight around your stomach regions, cute skirts that will look best on you include the options of high-waisted and frilly options. This is because the waistband will emphasize your torso and the flare will high your stomach, which masks the mid-section and a short skirt will show off your legs.
Those who have banana-shaped bodies, should opt for a fitting mini skirt that will bring out the best in your curves. Short hemlines usually focus on long legs, so if you have slender legs, wearing a short miniskirt will make them look magnificent.
People with hourglass shapes, can usually pull off several different types of clothes, including skirts or all lengths. But if you want to make the best out of your body type, choose a pencil skirt that will focus on smoothing out your thighs as well as accentuating your curves in the right places.
If you are blessed with a pear-shaped body you would look magnificent in an A-line skirt, this is a skirt that is narrow on the top and wider at the bottom. The smallest part of your waist will be emphasized and the wider part of the skirt will mask wide hips.
All in all, it’s not difficult to do some homework on which ones will flatter your body and make you feel complete. Once you get it down to a ‘T’ you can shop much easier and be happy with your purchase every time.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.