I know you have so much going on as a Mother + running a business.
I feel you, I get you, but I also want to push you.
Sometimes if we keep saying “I’m too busy”, that is a form of numbing and living on autopilot.
Are you willing to slow down and carve out time for life-changing habits and results like more time, energy, and flexibility?
I’ve been implementing the below practices for almost 8 years. I started just after my twins were born and haven’t stopped. Although I appreciated discovering these practices 8 years ago, it wasn’t until the pandemic where I cyber schooled my kids in addition to everything else that I felt the magic of these habits.
For me, it’s the AM that offers the most precious time where nobody can hold me back to interrupt—only my own dang mind. I’ve learned to work everything else around my morning and if I can do it, you can too!
Here are 10 practices I invite you to try these life-changing habits and implement for success.
1. Start your day with 8-16oz of water: It is proven to give your body an internal bath first thing in the morning and jump-start your metabolism. Who doesn’t want that?
Resource: I read this in the book, Eat Smarter by Shawn Stevenson.
2. Move your body for at least 20-30 minutes between the hours of 6 am – 8 am. Science also proves that these hours consistently will boost your mood because it will provide more REM sleep. Better sleep creates better choices during the day.
Resource: I read this in the book Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
3. Read for 10 minutes a day or 10 pages a day of personal/empowering content. Use this time to be a student for life.
Resource: All over the internet, LOL. I think I started this back from reading Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
4. List at least 3 SPECIFIC things you’re appreciative of. Science has proven that if you practiced this for 30 days, your happiness increases. It works.
Resource: I started this practice back when I was 25 years old working 9-5. My first personal growth book was The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky and she reveals the science behind appreciation and gratitude.
5. Think of at least one person. Serve/share online or reach out to one person to add a smile to their day. Pay it forward, and be part of the change.
Resource: Me, I started this one day because I felt alone and nobody checked in on me. It felt so good thinking of others and taking the step to let them know.
6. Drink half your body weight in oz. So if you weigh 130, drink at least 65oz of water per day. This will keep you hydrated and focused. So many are dehydrated that dehydration creates fogginess, sleepiness, and lack of motivation.
Resource: Nutrition Certifications. I have two nutrition certifications and that’s where I learned more about water and how much to drink.
7. Laugh daily. It takes effort, but find humor in your day.
Resource: Me. I love laughing, but can be on the serious side. I made it a practice to laugh as often as possible and it’s a great way to destress, unwind and PLAY more.
8. Monday – Thursday – I have veggies and protein for dinner… no carbs and this has helped me lose my weight and maintain it.
Resource: My 2B Mindset nutrition certification. This is one of the nutrition programs I follow and teach.
9. I do not eat dinner past 7 pm Monday-Thursday and this also keeps me feeling light and helps with better sleep as my body has time to digest before bed. I use this as natural intermittent fasting as well.
Resource: Certifications + Me. This was from learning and creating more awareness of my body and food.
10. Watch a bit of Netflix each night with my husband.
Resource: My self-awareness. There was a time, I couldn’t sit on the couch without the computer in my lap. I had to disrupt that unsupportive habit. Balance and chill the F out with my husband because a priority practice and we love it!
These are a few habits I have created and practice 80% of the time. They have changed my life on SO many levels.
If I can do it, you can do it too—and if you need help. I can help. I coach on this all the time. BOOK your interest call HERE.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.