Have you ever heard of “exposure therapy”?
It’s a scientific fact that can help you overcome your fears, anxieties, uncertainty, and doubt. How? By gradually exposing yourself to the situations that make you uncomfortable.
The goal is to help you become desensitized to these experiences and learn new, more adaptive ways of responding to them. The practice guides you slowly into overcoming being comfortable.
You know you are addicted to comfort when you aren’t changing. Or you’re backing away from situations that stir up unwanted feelings and emotions.
As a mompreneur, you might have to face many challenging situations that make you feel anxious or uncomfortable. This could include, public speaking, networking events, meeting new moms, building your children’s friendships, or making important business decisions.
Exposure therapy can help you build resilience and learn to manage these uncomfortable situations more effectively. I’ve been utilizing this tool for years to grow personally and professionally.
This tool is one way I got comfortable speaking and being myself. It’s how I let go of the fear of judgment as a Mom and as a parent. It’s how I got comfortable marketing and selling so my business could be profitable.
My A-Game approach teaches you how to have all the power for your growth. Your thoughts as you strive to achieve are important for your success. Therefore, I’ve gathered a few great thoughts for you to practice.
While using exposure therapy, anchor yourself with these thoughts to overcome common discomforts:
- “I am capable and competent.” Many mompreneurs may struggle with feelings of self-doubt or imposter syndrome, but it’s important to remind yourself that you have the skills and knowledge to succeed in your business.
- “It’s okay to make mistakes.” Fear of failure can hold many mompreneurs back, but it’s important to remember that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process. By embracing the possibility of failure or changing failure to “experiments”, you can take risks and learn from your experiences.
- “I am in control of my thoughts and emotions.” By reminding yourself that you are in control of your thoughts and emotions, you can stay focused and grounded during the process. The tools I have inside the Mindset + Achieve™ program, show you how your thoughts play out. Learning this skill gives you so much research to disrupt the patterns when it happens again.
- “I am taking steps towards my goals.” By reminding yourself that each step is bringing you closer to success, you can stay motivated and committed to the process.
- “I am not alone.” Many mompreneurs may feel isolated or overwhelmed by the challenges of running a business while also caring for their family, right? I feel lonely at times each month. When you can connect with other mompreneurs, you can find a sense of community and shared experience.
These thoughts can help you stay motivated, confident, and focused while using exposure therapy to overcome mompreneur discomforts.
Remember to be patient with yourself as you take uncomfortable actions and celebrate your progress along the way.
We make this FUN inside the Mindset + Achieve™ program, come play the A-game with us and learn a shitton of tools along the way.
Your goals are tired of waiting, let’s achieve them together.
Enroll now for your first step and join a group of like-minded, Moms with businesses.
Your Mindset + Achieve™ Coach,
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.